The Way In program
What is the The Way In program about?
The Way In Program is an innovative partnership between Edmonton Public Schools and several community, city, and provincial partners which supports teens and their families to create brighter futures; everyone needs a little help sometimes to deal with life's challenges.
The Way In Program is a pilot program which is available to students of T. D. Baker School, Dan Knott School, and Edith Rogers Schools. Our program works with teens and families to build on their strengths, deal with issues, and get involved in activities that help them learn skills to be successful.
Goals of the The Way In program:
- to support teens and their families to cope during difficult times
- to provide help with developing positive relationships
- to provide opportunities to build healthy, active lifestyles
- to build on individual strengths to encourage success in school and life
- Edmonton & Area Child and Family Services
- The Family Centre
- YMCA Edmonton
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Mill Woods Family Resource Centre Society
- Alberta Health Services - Capital Health
- Alberta Health Services - Alberta Mental Health Board
- Alberta Health Services - Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission
- Edmonton Police Service
- Kids Up Front
- Edmonton Public Schools